Life in Rio de Janeiro
I have been living in Rio de Janeiro for one month and half now and Brasil is incredible.
 |
| Rio de Janeiro |
"Brasileros "are very friendly, the weather is awesome, the food is delicious and the beaches are to die for but there is a lot of poverty too and many kids without dreams. There is nothing more sad than coming across a kid without dreams and believe me moving from one charity to another and from one country to the next ,my eyes have seen a lot of things that I've never imagined I would see . I have been in South America for almost 7 months now, lived in 4 different countries and met hundred of kids during my own charity tour. When I woke up on friday the 5th of November 2010 and turned my MAC on at 7am , I didn't know anything about South America. In fact I didn't even know the name of most of the countries but I gave a quick look at the map and picked seven charities in seven different countries as if you were choosing groceries at your local supermarket. When I told family and friends about my brilliant idea , they all though I was either on crack or the brain damage I suffered when I was born was more serious than they thought. I was leaving everything I had behind to spend one year teaching English to poor kids all over South America for nothing but the word nothing is relative and I couldn't be more wrong. Yes I don't get a penny to help these kids but its not entirely true that I don't get nothing cause the love of these kids, the smile on their faces and their warm hugs are priceless. This trip, this year, the people I met so far during my journey have been an inspiration and changed my life and myself as a human being. I don't know how my Colombian kids or my kids in Guatemala and Mexico will be but I'm sure of one thing, when you treat people's heart as if it was your own you CAN'T go wrong and when you contribute to improve the lives of others, you indirectly elevate your own life in the process ....
 |
| Gym in Copacabana |
No comments:
Post a Comment