Tuesday, 26 April 2011

My genitals are looking like a squeeze box

After travelling for over 30 hours and my genitals are looking like a damn squeeze box, I arrive in my new home in Peru'.
Arequipa - view from my new home
The house is quite big but its not very clean. I expect people growing onions in the bathtub and I see some potatoes in the kitchen that have more flowers than Kew Gardens in London. We have a big living room with pictures of the kids all over the walls. I will be helping a charity called Intiwawa and this will be my home until the end of February. The TV is older than Jesus Christ, the brand is not Sony or Panasonic but BC ... Before Christ ! The kettle is not white anymore but brown and the amount of limescale inside is more fascinating than the coral barrier in flipping Australia. I'm tempted to take a single room but I will feel lonely so I decide to share the room with a canadian girl and a french one. The bed is hard like concrete and when I jump on it , I always break a couple of ribs. The pillow is soft as a brick so every morning when I get up, my head is tilting on one side and the tought of taking a cold shower is as pleasant as finding yourself in a bullfight wearing a red bikini or crossing a river infested by crocodiles.
After 4 nights sharing a bedroom with the girls, I decide to take the single room in the roof. I will have my own bathroom and although its a smaller room, the water is warmer and I won't hear the flipping hens and horny bulls first thing in the morning.
The pipework in Peru' is rubbish, you cannot flash the toilet paper and need to put it in the bin. When you brush your teeth, the water tastes like bleach and the bottled water tastes like the pee of an old baboon ! Ok I've never tasted the pee of a baboon but I'm guessing it won't taste like "orangina".The weather is nice and warm. I'm so glad that I don't live in London anymore. Hope this journey will help me to decide where I wanna put roots and find a place to call home.

Convento de Santa Catalina - Arequipa

No comments: