Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Miami vice ? No Its Arequipa vice

My trip in South America has started with a bang. Well one of the german girls living in the house wanted to bang a guy she met in a club and brings him home at 3am but they start screaming outside my bedroom. He takes her bag and runs with it.
Three of us get up and chase the peruvian bloke like a flipping episode of Miami Vice in the dark streets of Arequipa and I feel my knickers getting heavy! Yes I'm shitting my pants . I go home, ring the police who put you on hold until you hear the options, please press 1 if you have been shot, please press 2 if you are the person who's shooting, please press 3 if you run out of bullets and need a local supplier !
At the end , the criminal is caught but the german girl doesn't press charges cause she has 80% of alchol in her blood and needs to check her passport to remind herself her own name. Monday is my first day teaching the kids and I'm so excited!
Lela with the kids from Intiwawa - Peru'
I have seen Arequipa, the second largest city in Peru' after Lima and its pretty. The locals are friendly and the weather is nice in the mornings but rains in the afternoons. I hate the cold showers though, these make my nipples sharp like the bits of my old black and decker drill. Riding the bus with chickens, lambs, llamas and 250 people in a bus the size of a smart car is very interesting too ! This does NOT put me off though I love fashion so I wear my pretty dresses as if I was living in London and see the chickens from the corner of my eye laughing their heads off ! Who can blame them ? He he


Lela and my adorable kids

No comments: