Thanks to the guy from STA Travel in London who probably got a C or Z in geography , I will be jetting off to El Salvador in Central America from Colombia rather than Guatemala so another bus trip from El Salvador to Guatemala with chickens on board !
| shall I get the flowers for my funeral already ? |
El Salvador is not on the list of my charity tour and when I did "goooooogle it" , this is what I found ..... It has one of the highest homicide rates in the world, armed holdups of vehicles are very common, grenade attacks on buses are popular (so I won't bother to pay for my bus fare jajajaj) and armed robberies of climbers and hickers are common so extra care should be taken if your hiking boots are expensive. Luckily I left my high knee leather boots back in London so they can only steal my flip flops jajajjaj - this could be a good destination for your honeymoon if your man or woman pisses you off jajajja - is this another sign that I shouldn't go to Guatemala or the guy from the travel agency was illiterate ? Well I was too excited and didn't check either so I guess as one of my friends always says ... it takes one to know one !
I have 3 more weeks in Rio and its a fascinating city. I will miss the ocean, the kids, the sunshine and the friends I made here but I can't wait to go to Colombia now. Life is never dull in Rio but I couldn't see myself living in the marvellous city for good. The crime in Rio is a huge problem and you gotta prepare yourself to get robbed , the dogs bark 24-7, the noise from the favelas is as painful as sitting on a cactus but the energy of this place is incredible and it has been a dream to come over here and live like a Carioca for the last 3 months.
T
Last night as I was relaxing like a python after swallowing 3 goats, 4 lambs and a pack of doritos in the loft I heard a loud and continous banging at the main door. I thought some guys wearing a balaclava were trying to break in and shouted from the window: oi ! I obviously didn't sound as scary as Vin Diesel cause the noise didn't stop so I went down and called my housemates but nobody was there. I decided to take one of the dogs with me and investigate. I left the poodle Sasha behind cause she was probably going to make tea and bake some cookies for the criminals anyway and put my power ranger outfit on to confront the balaclava team .... I went down, feeling the knickers a bit heavy , yes I was crapping my pants jajaa and realised that one of my housemate had half of her key inside the lock and half in her hand ! Our angel "V "was trying to remove the key so we could open and close the door again. The next day angel V managed to fix the door and I start contemplating what will happen next. On a couple of occasions, the same housemate after cooking beans and chickpeas almost burnt out the house so I think the chances to get shot in Guatemala or kidnapped in Mexico are pretty slim in comparison to the danger at home !
No comments:
Post a Comment