Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Follow your dreams ...

Another close friend is coming to visit me in Brasil for ten days before I move to Colombia. Nobody came to visit me in Peru', Bolivia or Argentina and I doubt anyone will come to visit me in Guatemala once I finish helping the Colombian kids. According to my dad 400 passengers and bus drivers have been shot dead in one year in Guatemala. I thought it was because they didn't have a valid ticket for the bus journey but my father screamed: No, Lela ! They are fricking barbarians jajajaj


ouside Elephant & Castle station ? No, Rio
 Needless to say nobody wants to come to Guatemala , fair enough ! I know how they feel as I used to be scared to visit them in Elephant and Castle in London too cause I thought the area was scary. When I first went to Elephant & Castle, I was looking for the castle and the elephants and yes there were few women the size of elephants but no castle anywhere. I thought I had a glaucoma or a cataract as these can be a natural part of the aging process but although I still couldn't see a castle, I noticed how friendly people were between themselves, touching hands in the middle of the street ... and then I realised that it was drug dealing ! Other friends said they would visit but were unable to do so cause they were too busy breastfeeding the kittens, others had finally managed to secure a "hot date" and no animals were involved for a change so once again Lelita was moving from one charity to another and from one country to the next alone, scared but never lonely or less curious than 8 months ago when it all started. An ordinary girl in extraordinary circumstances .... one journey, so many kids to meet, so many destinations to reach . Yes its a crazy adventure and sometimes I'm scared and miss my friends and family but I'm following one of my dreams and I hope my experience will inspire other people to follow their dreams. I often hear people or friends saying that they would do the same but then quickly find excuses for their lack of courage and are too scared to admit that changes are scary and its like those people who prefer the misery of a bad marriage or relationship rather than the stigma and loneliness of separation ..... life is too short, follow your dreams. And I'm crazy but I like it ... loca, loca, loca



Iguazzu falls


No comments: