I reach the Bolivian border and the police ask the driver to check my luggage. They find my pot of hazelnut spread Nutella and they act as they found 20 kilos of cocaine. Twenty minutes later I'm allowed to lock my luggage again. They check my passport and ask me a white card. I don't have this paper so they ask me to pay 10 dollars or 50 bolivianos. I don't have any money on me, the nearest cashpoint is one hour from here and they don't accept cards. Things are not looking good, luckily two gorgeous boys from Argentina come to my rescue and Nacho pays for the fine. I spend the rest of my trip chatting to them and give the money back to Nacho when we reach La Paz. I buy my bus ticket from La Paz to Santa Cruz. The trip costs 170 bolivianos and should take 17 hours. Twenty three hours later I reach Santa Cruz, its 35 degrees and the city is crazy. I travel with Veronica and her 6 years old boy Kevin. She's a single mum from Sucre and works as a dentist in Santa Cruz. We take a taxi together and the driver gets a fine for stopping on the yellow line to pick us up. I pay his fine, he's about 4 pounds and I feel sorry for the man. We go to Veronica's place and meet the dogs, one of them is grey and his name is Taliban.
| Beautiful Kevin with Taliban |
We eat Bolivian food including chicken and I'm forced to drink Coca-Cola cause they have no water. I didn't drink Coke for 20 years and I hate fizzy drinks. We take the bus and we finally find my hostel. Its called Jodanga and its really nice. Its expensive for me though so I pay for 2 nights and Veronica suggests to help me in finding something cheaper.
I'm dead, the trip was long. My bum is flat like a pitta bread as the bolivian man sitting behind me kept banging his footrest against my back so 22 hours later, my kidneys look like 2 ping pong rackets! I get my room, well I need to share it with 4 people and sleep until the next day.
The next day, I have my breakfast and relax by the pool .
I need to go out later and get some money to pay for my hostel until I find something cheaper! I need to contact Luz del mundo again and start my teaching. I can't wait :)
| this charity, these kids and Gabry stole my heart I never felt so loved in my life like I did at LDM |
No comments:
Post a Comment