This trip to South America is crazy, unpredictable and random just like the way I'am.
After living with my Colombian family for 2 weeks, it was time to spread my wings and fly somewhere cheaper and where I could feel free and indipendent.
They were adorable but I spent most of my life living on my own and so it was nice to have my freedom back and feel indipendent once again.
One of the guys working and financially supporting my charity offered me a place to sleep for free where the HQ of my charity Colombia Sin Fronteras is based so after making a chocolate cake for my "Colombian mum" to celebrate her birthday, I say goodbye to them and wait for the guy to come and pick me up.
He was supposed to come and pick me up at 8:30 pm but by the time he turns up, its 11p at night.
The deal is that I will be using the room of one of his sisters living in the flat during the week as she is travelling from Santa Marta to Barranquilla back and forth so I might need to find a place to sleep at week-ends.
His son is living in the flat too, he is 28 and he is a lawyer.
As I have only 3 weeks left in Colombia now and the accommodation is free, I decide to visit Cartagena and spend the night there one week-end and visit other places the next 2 week-ends.
I reach my new home but his sister forgets to leave the key of her bedroom so I have to share a room with his son. Luckily there are 2 beds, a double and a single bed but I must confess I think it is a bit bizarre to share a room with a 28 years old stranger.
The room has air-con, a plasma TV, no internet and a bathroom without a door. The air-con is very powerful that I keep shivering so I need to sleep inside my sleeping bag while it is 35 degrees outside.
I take the single bed while he takes the double and after chatting for 2 hours we call it a day.
The next morning I wake up at 6am as the people living on the ground floor are screaming and think what a great way to start my day.
The water supply has been shut and I'm dying to deliver an extra large "chocolate bar" but as I can't flash the toilet, I'm thinking how useful it will be to have the magician David Copperfield as a friend..
I need to cover the evidence or I will be in "deep shit". Luckily the guy gets up and shoes me how to open the water and I fly to the toilet to drop a "log" !
He shows me the shower but the bathroom doesn't have a door so I take a 60 seconds shower and like Nicolas Cage, I'm gone in 60 seconds !
I walk for 20 minutes to my bus stop and if I could get a dollar for every fuck off I mumble to those pervy I meet down the street , I would be richer than Bill Gates !
I take the bus and reach the entrance of the community where I'm helping so I take a mototaxy and wait until the other 2 volunteers come to open the centre.
Another crazy day with over 50 kids, time to make a copy of my home keys and those of the charity and go home.
I'm hoping that they will bring the keys so I don't need to share my bedroom with a stranger bloke once again jajajaj
No comments:
Post a Comment